This page is currently under construction. Please check back soon for updates on Christian education offerings at St. Stephen’s.
“But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you.” (John 14:26)
The COVID-19 pandemic has reshaped gathering in faith, hope, and love but not the work of the Holy Spirit. As with in-person worship, our education programs will proceed as local Public Health Indicators (PHIs) permit.
For adults and teens: “For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.” (Matthew 18:20)
* “God and the Pandemic”
* A three part discussion based on N.T. Wright’s book of the same title
* Participation is limited to 10 participants
* Book and Study Guide are provided
* “Entering the Story of Jesus”
* An extended three-part exploration of the physical life and spiritual times of Christ Jesus
* In three modules of three weeks each throughout the coming church year
* Advent: “From Bethlehem to Capernaum”
* Lent: “From Capernaum to Jerusalem”
* Easter: “From Jerusalem to Now”
* Details to follow as this may be a combination of on-line and in-person sessions
** Inquirers’ Classes (for those seeking to be Confirmed, Received, Vows renewed, or anyone wanting to brush-up on the basic of our faith)
For children through Middle School:
“Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me.” (Mark 9:37)
“Sunday School” for children is on hold now. We are exploring ways to address children’s needs that remain true to our existing curricula for the following programs:
* Godly Play
* Seasons of the Spirit
* Youth Bible Study
* No Nursery provided at this time
Please watch this space for future offerings.